Sugar Beach Portraiture

Thursday, 30 August 2012

Sugar Beach

Without even realizing it, I managed to capture some portraits of Jim and friends (Knitted Bliss and family) on our day at the beach. I'm often too nervous (except with Jim) to take portraits, I'm afraid I over think these situations. Being rather shy, I have difficulty raising my camera to capture human subjects — cats, flowers, and baked goods are much less likely to protest or complain about bad angles. However, there I was with good company and relaxed enough to snap away.

Other good things this week include:
1. This song is sad, but I find it quite fun. I have to work really hard not to dance to it when I'm at the gym (okay, sometimes I do anyways).
2.Knitting another pair of dala horse mittens.
3. Fancy snakeskin shoes.
4. Stephanie, a.k.a. Even Cleveland, hosts a book club that I would love to attend someday. In the meantime, I prepare for discussions by reading her tumblr
5. Cozy blankets for that end of summer chill.

Sugar Beach


Sugar Beach

Sugar Beach

Sugar Beach

16 comments:

Joslin said...

I can definitely see how it would be hard to not dance to that song. I like your pictures!

Park Street said...

Those dala mittens are so beautiful.

near and far said...

I visited Sugar Beach for the first time a few weeks ago. It's so funny to have a waterfront beach that you can't go swimming at (or am I wrong and you can?). But the pink beach umbrellas are such a nice touch!

madder said...

These are gorgeous portraits! I especially love the second one down of mother and baby.

Erin Kate said...

Love all of these ! Totally going to follow you on various social media now. . . I think we share a bit of the same soul.

Long Haired Child Living in the Strawberry Fields said...

The photos are so beautiful and I love how it has a pink hue to it. Just lovely :)

http://nadiadelacorazon.blogspot.com/

Jessica Kleoppel said...

I think the same way—whether behind or in front of the camera, i always feel like the vulnerable one. We should just get over it, because look how gorgeous it can be as a result, your sweet little memories up there.

And, THE BOOK CLUB! It sounds like a total dream.

Skylar Magazine said...

That's so pretty. I wouldn't mind going there. We don't have any beaches where I live. Well, we do, but they suck:( Anyway, cute blog. I'm Sarah, my blog is Skylar Magazine. You are welcome to stop by any time!

Sarah

http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

erica-knits said...

Such a catchy song, right?
Thanks.

erica-knits said...

Thank you!

erica-knits said...

No, you're totally right, you can't swim at Sugar Beach. I thought that was funny, too. They certainly did make it rather cheerful with those pink umbrellas!

erica-knits said...

Thank you! That helps to raise my confidence in taking portraits.

erica-knits said...

Thank you! I'm following you now, too. I think we do share some of the same soul :).

erica-knits said...

Thank you! I love the Kodak Porta 160 film I used, I never know what hue it will end up with.

Cristina Rose said...

this is so lovely, i admire those mittens thank you for sharing! i love your blog lady!

Suzanna said...

SWEET sweet bebe

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger