Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me.

Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Vanilla peaches

My first foray into the art of preservation began with vanilla peaches. I used the recipe written by Melly, here, and ended up with eight jars worth; Jim and I have already eaten two. At this rate, I don't know if these peaches will make it until winter! We may be defeating the purpose of preservation in exchange for instant gratification, but they are extremely hard to resist.

Jim introduced me to this very appropriate song, but before you click the link know that it will be forever stuck in your head. You were warned.

Vanilla peaches

10 comments:

Cara said...

Jim had to introduce you to this song? I referenced it a few weeks ago, and no one knew what it was. I figure this is just proof I am of a much older generation than so many people, including you!!!
The peaches do look delicious. Tempted to can some myself, but I'm sure you have access to much nummier peaches than us poor prairie people!

yoel said...

Well now that that's stuck in my head... What is way fun is singing "peaches, peaches, peaches gratuis" instead of "peaches, peaches, peaches for free."

Looks delicious!

Julie said...

oooh, those look so delicious!! I want to try some. Canning is so much more fun than it looks, isn't it?! Something very satisfying about it.

Lexie said...

i REMEMBER that song!!!!

Jess said...

Yumm!!

This has nothing to do with peaches - but I just finished Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter and had to recommend it to you - it's so satisfyingly good, has that special quality that when you finish it you just feel so warm and satiated - I'm always on the look out for books like that!

erica-knits said...

Jim did have to introduce me to it, but I think it's just because I was oblivious to pop culture until the Spice Girls.

erica-knits said...

I like it!

erica-knits said...

So much more fun than it looks. I want to can alls the things!

erica-knits said...

It's soooo catchy!

erica-knits said...

Thank you for the recommendation! I'm always on the lookout for new books. I will look for it right away!

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger