A new year.

Monday, 9 January 2012

Another great Coriander Girl bouquet. 
 (a lovely Coriander Girl bouquet from last year)

The first week of the new year always zips by. I'm in awe of how fast time passes these days. I hope it's not too late to chime in with my goals for the new year.

*Have guests over once a month. (At the very least it forces me to clean up, ha).
*Visit a museum or gallery at least once a month (this is why I wanted to move to a large cultural city in the first place!)
*Get down to business with my finances! Less credit, more savings. (I'm the kind of person who can only save if the money disappears from my account into a place that is very difficult to access.)
*Bake one new recipe a month, then give most of the results away. (after taste testing, of course.)
*Continue going to the gym with Jim, we've got a good routine going.
*Shoot more photos.
*Read one book a month.
*Shut off the computer one night a week.
*Be the first to call friends to get together.
*Release my first sweater pattern. Then release at least one more.
*Grow a balcony garden come spring.

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and that your new year is well on its way to being a wonderful one.
My song for ringing in the new year.



Replies:

chibiwow, Jennifer, Yoel and Junaluska: Happy new year!

7 comments:

Elisalex said...

Great list! It seems all I have been doing since Christmas is list-making... And I think I'll have to nab a few of yours to add to mine! Then perhaps make a start on ticking some things off... Looking forward to your sweater pattern!

Julie said...

yay new years resolutions! I can help with the gallery/museum one- I got a one year membership to the AGO for my birthday, and it's me plus a guest anytime. So you can come with me to exhibits for free! Just saw the Chagall exhibit on the weekend.

Cara said...

I'm with you on the finance thing - we're trying to use cash and not plastic, taking out out budgeted amount at the beginning of the month and not allowing ourselves a cent more once it's disappeared!
Good luck with everything!

Lexie, Little Boat said...

all of these sound like very attainable goals! i'm definitely with you on the savings bit! and i think it's nice to include having guests over!

mika said...

These are really great goals - and as lexie wrote - very attainable. i like the focus on friendship. And thank you for Florence! That clip revived me! happy new year

Meagan :: Mo Pie, Please said...

I love all your goals! They sound so good for my life, too! Hope they stick :)

hila said...

you're going to be pretty busy! that's an admirable list :)

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger