Black and White

Monday, 19 December 2011

Montreal.
 (as it turns out, Cinema L'Amour is a cinema of the adult variety...)

I picked up my roll of black and white film this week and it got me thinking about my favorite films in black and white. Since the winter season is the perfect time to curl up indoors on the couch to watch a movie, I thought I would share with you my all-time favorites (with links to their wikipedia pages).

Rebecca (based on the novel by Daphne du Maurier, recommended to me by Jane)
The Third Man
Citizen Kane (Very controversial upon its release - I love to watch documentaries about this film.)
Psycho
Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon (Boagie!)
Shadow of a Doubt (The star, Joseph Cotten is one of my favorite actors of all time. He also stars in The Third Man and Citizen Kane)

Finally, a perfect Christmas film:
It's a Wonderful Life (It was unsuccessful on its release for being too dark. Classic Jimmy Stewart. Watch here)

Replies:
Julie: You may borrow it anytime. :)






3 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Ahh love! So happy you love that Rebecca! I have to see Shadow of a Doubt again.

Julie said...

I've only seen a couple of these! I feel so uneducated.... love the vintage adult theatre sign, it looks so 70s!

Jessica Kleoppel said...

"Jules et Jim" and "It Happened One Night" really do it for me, or any Ingmar Bergman.

It's all just magic in black and white, isn't it?

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger