Friday Favorites

Friday, 15 July 2011

Over-the-lake-of-the-woods

Our trip to Manitoba was lovely. I spent five days away from the computer, visiting with family and friends and reading with Jim in my parents' backyard. A vacation was just what we needed, time to slow down and to pause our moving preparations. I guess in that way, vacations are always too short. Of course, I only pulled out my camera in time to snap photos from the airplane window. Oops.

1. Check out the shoe rack in this post (seven photos down). A great use of space don't you think? I don't nearly have enough shoes to fill them, but I really like the idea. 
2. Donuts atop cupcakes is a little to decadent for me, but I would love to make those cute little donuts on their own. This blog has been getting a lot of well deserved attention as of late, the writing is really sweet. In my favorite post, Julie writes about the difficulty of icing a perfect cake (I find it so difficult, too!). I admire bloggers who give a window into a world where every attempt to try something new can be a learning experience. 
3. Kinfolk is out! (I'm sure you knew that already, but just in case). It is even more magical that I hoped. There's a great quote by David Dunn on page 114, author of Try Giving Yourself Away, that I was immediately drawn to. When I Googled the title of his book, I found it for free (absolutely free!) on the Internet Archive, here.  
4.It's a sad fact that I'm always looking at fall clothing in the middle of summer.

I'm looking so forward to the weekend, a trip to the Art Gallery of Ontario and going to see the final Harry Potter movie (so excited!). What are your plans?

Out-the-plane-window

Replies:
Julie: I hope you get a chance to watch Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, it's so good.
flower child vintage: I'm so ashamed I didn't take more photos!
Mickey: I just love your photos. :)
Claire M.: Isn't he? aw.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Saw Harry Potter last night. It was so amazingly good!

Sounds like a lovely weekend you have planned.

Louise, Raspberries In Winter said...

Sounds like a great trip. I'm super excited about Harry Potter too, I am going to see it today and I'm a tad afraid I may end up crying my eyes out.

Cara said...

I took almost the exact same picture heading to Vancouver!! I wish we could have had more of a chance to talk! Thanks for coming out - hope Jim sees the charm of Manitoba (and convinces you to move back!). Well... not before we get another chance to go to Toronto (October...)

knitxcore. said...

i cant decide whether to read that book or kinfolk first!!!! thanks!

Julie said...

Yay!! Glad that you had a good time, but even more glad that you are back!! I love Kinfolk, I was so excited to see that it was out this morning....

Librarian-in-training said...

Mmm... Just what I need when I can't decide between a donut and a cupcake. I can see that happening :)

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger