Magazines

Friday, 17 June 2011

DSC_0530
Remedy Quarterly and Anthology are two new (to me) magazines I'm really enjoying. I ordered Remedy Quarterly Issue 4 from their website and picked up a copy of Anthology magazine from the Drake General Store, here in Toronto. They are both wonderful publications that I encourage you to get your hands on. Issue 5 of Remedy Quarterly is out now, but I'll have to wait until the Canada Post strike is over to order a copy.

DSC_0531

 Trust me to pick out the article about dessert.
Baked Alaska would be perfect for a summer gathering.

DSC_0532

 I loved Stephanie's article on the need for Happy Hour. Hear hear!

DSC_0535

The third issue of Anthology is the Party issue, watch the cute promo video here. I was struck by the  interior of Emily Henson's 700 square foot home. I mean, look at that red chair with the gorgeous blanket draped over it.

DSC_0533

Always my favorite, there is a cute feature on Herriott Grace with a buttermilk cake recipe I have to try.
Again, with the dessert

Replies:
Lemon Macarons:
Jane: I knew you would appreciate the lemon. I must get to Nadege to try her Canele, it sounds divine.
kenzie: thanks! and thank you for your early encouragement of my macaron attempts.
Julie: Glad you liked the streaky bits :). lemon IS the best summer flavor.
tanya: thanks!
jen: thanks. happy to know another fellow lemon lover!
Michelle: indeed!
knitxcore: I'm sure you could make macaron, too! I've had many baking failures to balance out this success ;).
andrea: bah! you could make macaron no problem. you are a cooking genius!

Friday Favorites:
knitxcore: I'm really excited for it!
erica: the soup was great!:)
Julie: ooh, I checked out that lily of the valley necklace, gorgeous!
evencleveland: I went on a mission to retrieve the fox hunt skirt, but alas it was sold. I hope it went to a loving home! Paul Simon is an interesting choice of swimming soundtrack. :)

1 comments:

Julie said...

happy hour should definitely make a comeback! And now that I have finally seen bridesmaids, I'd like to sing the praises of wine and magazine get togethers as well.

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger