Thank you so much to those of you who commented on my last post regarding your favorite bits of my little blog. I was extremely touched by your kindness and interest. Between all of you, the bits you enjoyed added up to nearly every kind of post I've written. A reminder that if I share what I love, you just might love it, too.
These lemon macarons were a small triumph. Once again, I used a recipe from Cannelle et Vanille, I really trust her. The recipe is actually for vanilla bean macarons, and here's the small triumph bit, but I was able to modified it ever so slightly to make lemon macarons.
- I skipped the egg white powder, because I didn't have any.
- No vanilla sugar, I used regular sugar instead.
- I added 2 tsp. lemon zest and yellow food coloring (which didn't mix completely, hence the orange streaks).
- After piping out all the macaron shells, I banged the cookie sheet on the counter a few times to make sure the air bubbles came to the surface. To me, this is the most important step in macaron baking.
- The filling is Swiss meringue buttercream with approximately 1/3 of a cup lemon curd.
These took a good day in the kitchen and were so worth it.
suzy smalls: oh, I'm reading a great book right now. The recommendation will be up as soon as I finish it. :) Also, I've got some new knitting patterns I'm working away on.
evencleveland: that means so much to me, thank you.
knitxcore: they are ranunculus!
katrina: I hope you got your copy of the Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. I just finished the third, lovely!
Julie: thanks for loving everything :).
Andie Portillo: thanks, more favorites this afternoon! :)
Angelica: reading a good one right now! I will let you know all about it.
Cara: waiting for that photo ;)
Michelle: aw, thank you!
Becky: I'm not the only one! thanks :)
Jane Flanagan: Always, you write the best posts!