Friday Favorites

Friday, 10 June 2011


1. I laughed so hard at Stephanie's description of swimming like a crocodile. I was a competitive swimmer when I younger, so her need to creatively pass the time while completing monotonous laps really resonated with me. I used to sing songs and talk under water to myself, I wonder if anyone heard me? This could also explain why my speed-swimming career did not go too far...
2. Kate's post "On folding your hands" made me stop to think. When I first met my boyfriend, he said my internet browsing style was too fast for him. I constantly tab links without stopping to read them. Instead, I shall have to practice folding my hands.
3.I'm really interested in reading Kinfolk Magazine when it launches in July. Nate Williams of HEARBLACK is the managing editor so it's guaranteed to be good.
4. This gorgeous "baking a cake" video.
5.I'm really looking forward stopping by The Arthur's new storefront on College Street here in Toronto. Their online shop is here.
6. I just found out about @afoodgypsy's Wednesday soup deliveries from Coriander Girl. I signed up for next week's asparagus and leek!
7. Navy. Shoes.Gold.
8. You have no idea how badly I want this fox hunt skirt.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. kinfolk does look really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to see this soup delivery service! feeling bummed about my move to toronto in 2 weeks. no place to live, utterly clueless about the nitty-gritty details of relocating. at least i'll have soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That same shop with the gold tulip necklace stocks the gold lily of the valley necklace I totally covet! they have awesome things. That foxhunt skirt is so fun! I'm also loving the post on folding your hands, I need to do more of this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fox hunt skirt.

    And I sing songs too, when I swim (when I am not crocodiling) - for some reason, usually Paul Simon ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the baking the cake video!

    ReplyDelete

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger