Extended Absences and Chocolate Macarons.

Friday, 6 May 2011

Chocolate Macaron with Chocolate Ganache.

I didn't mean to be away for so long, really. It just happened. At first, I was overwhelmed with course work during the last few weeks of my master's degree (which I can now proudly announce that I will be graduating with a Master of Information degree in June!). Then, I was overwhelmed by the aftermath of completing my master's and transitioning into the job hunt (still going!). Then, (would you believe there's another then?!) I felt an enormous amount of self-induced pressure to come back to blogging with something really impressive. All that pressure led me to create a list of things I would like to learn how to make or do this summer (in addition to job hunting!).  One of the first items of business was to make French macarons from scratch. So here you have it! My chocolate macarons made from Cannelle et Vanille's super awesome recipe. So, while I'm not the first or last to successfully make macarons at home, (and owe a lot to those lovely bloggers who wrote extensively re: how to avoid macaron failure) I'm just really glad to be blogging again. I missed it so!

Chocolate Macaron with Chocolate Ganache. 
And, because they were really pretty, here's a picture of the ranunculus that I managed to kill in during my time away from the blog (moment of silence here). As it turns out, my apartment's near desert-like conditions (okay okay, it could be my black thumb) kill anything but hardy ivy and succulents. :(
Ranunculus.

8 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Ahh! Your macarons look delicious! And I love the ranunculus photo too.

It's nice having you back. I hope your jobhunt goes well so that you can enjoy the summer. Are you staying in Toronto??

Have a great weekend!

kenzie said...

congrats! Glad you got them to turn out, I understand that kind of triumph.

that kate said...

Well done on your Masters! Your macarons look wonderful. They are something I have always wanted to try, but some recipes look so complicated it puts me off, but the one you linked looks great!

iris said...

Oh, that ranunculus is gorgeous! And I love making macarons (when I'm successful). We've made white russian macarons before, omnomnom.

Michelle said...

oh yum! Those macarons looks so delicious. Congratulations on completing your Masters!

katrina said...

congratulations on graduation lady! these macarons are beautiful. now i'm hungry!

Julie said...

Yay for back to blogging!! That chocolate macaron looks to die for. I think the ranunculus did just that- died pining away for a macaron....

amy said...

keep posting! your blog is beautiful, brimming with sweetness


this post made me hungry ^.^


hope to hear from you*
love amy ^.^
www.amyflyingakite.com

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger