Time flies (TGIF!)

Friday, 11 March 2011

Search for the perfect nude polish.

EDIT// I just woke up to the horrible news from Japan, reading updates from the Guardian live blog and donating to the Red Cross.

I really thought I would have this post written on Wednesday, but alas, I've been distracted. Where did this week go?! At least I can count another paper done. Only four left till I have a master's degree!

Thank you so much for the nude polish recommendations, I am going to try out as many as I can get my hands on. The first color, and the easiest to find was Amanda's recommendation for American Apparel's Summer Peach.  It's not exactly the nude I was looking for, but it's such a great light peach shade. I love the large amount of colors available from American Apparel's polish collection, but I find they can be streaky and definitely require two coats. The polish dries quickly which is perfect for impatient me. Have you tried them? What do you think?

I have to mention my latest OLO fragrance acquisition. Dafne was a birthday gift from Anabela and is the perfect scent for spring!

This week I found time to try out Joy the Baker's recipe for Whole Wheat Chocolate Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies (phew! What a mouthful!) and they are so delicious. I ran out of brown sugar, so I used organic cane sugar with a tbsp of molasses. They addition of whole wheat flour makes me feel like I can eat ten at once! (okay, I did) I can't wait to try her Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread (cue mouth-watering)!

Happy Weekend!
OLO Dafne



Replies >>

evencleveland- I love peaks of sun. This week we had a few.
katrina- thanks! it's American Apparel nail lacquer in Rose Bowl. Thanks for the polish recommendation!
Amanda- I was wear American Apparel in that post, as you can see I took your advice on Summer Peach, thanks!
Danielle- Sula sounds awesome, I'm trying to track it down in Toronto. thanks!
Julie- pretty clothes are tempting me, too!
Kate- I am compiling a dangerously large J.Crew order, I'm adding Milky Way to it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Michelle- I have to go to David's now! Your ballet flats sound awesome.
Jane- I just switched to rubber boots, one step closer. I also have to check out that flower market, more flowers required!
naomemandeflores- thanks for the recommendation!
Artisticpixie- I am trying to track down Zoya's in Toronto, thanks for the recommendation!
yoel- I wasn't sure it would work, but so far they're growing great. I've been really careful to not water them too much. The clear glass jar helps because I can see if the water is pooling at the bottom. I will certainly post pictures when they bloom!
Lexie, Little Boat- i need more colorful sweaters to phase into! perfect reason to buy more ;). winter accessories abandonment is too funny!
hila- i would love to trade! it's a deal!

6 comments:

kelli ann said...

I got a great one from Top Shop called Nice'N Neutral:

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=1708381&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208569&parent_categoryId=208495&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=20

Julie said...

that shade is so pretty- congrats on the awesome new perfume!! Those whole wheat cookies sound amazing- I'll have to try them! :)

erin jane / atlantic treefox said...

i have manniquin from aa & its a nice colour but it's been super gooey since the day i got it. as if it's really old or something. it's a super nice nude colour though.

i picked up a bottle of choco-latte from sally hansen.

http://bit.ly/hG4c4D

Amanda said...

Glad you liked it! I'm so addicted to that Summer Peach colour, it's just what I need during these grey march days.

Lexie, Little Boat said...

i looove that peachy shade!

also .. chocolate sugar cookies?! what?!?!?! yummmmm!

Claire M. said...

I love the color ;)

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger