Technical Difficulties

Monday, 31 January 2011

Please Stand By

Film photography has it's benefits; I love the graininess, soft light and the unknown. However, sometimes it can take ages to finish up a roll. I've just dropped off January's film at the developers and I cannot wait to show you what I've been up to!

In the meantime:
"There's no going back now" (via evencleveland)

12 cakes

J and I have started a new tradition, every Friday night we watch one of Alfred Hitchcock's films, so far I've fallen in love with Psycho and The Birds. Hitchcock created the most glamorous damsels-in-distress, modern ladies of horror could learn a thing or two.

8 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh! You have to see Rebecca - one of my favourite movies ever!

anabela / fieldguided said...

My favourite Hitchcock is Rear Window, but I also love Vertigo. It really doesn't get better than Grace Kelly and Kim Novak.

amy said...

Have you spotted Hitchcock's cameos in each of his films? They're good for a smile amid the horror :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Hitchcock#Signature_appearances_in_his_films

Julie said...

that's an awesome Friday tradition! And I love that 12 cakes idea, that's clever.

severien said...

"Rope" is also really good!

Lexie, Little Boat said...

i definitely agree that modern ladies of horror could learn a thing or two from hitchcock. the birds is one of my favorite movies of all time!

Alice said...

All the above mentioned movies are great!
Try Topaz for some really well-visually-constructed scenes (like the skirt one...)
And I would really go for The trouble with Harry. It's not a horror film, but definetely a great film!
:)

erica-knits said...

Jane, We just realized that J's Hitchcock set is missing Rebecca. I must rent it STAT. I love Daphne du Maurier's gothic novel.

Anabela, I will be watching both of those shortly!

Amy, I missed his cameo in Psycho, but I caught it in The Birds! Thanks for the link :).

Julie, I've missed January's cake, but it's never too late!

Severin, wow, I haven't even heard of Rope! I have a lot of catching up to do.


Lexie, Little Boat, I can see why it's one of your favorites! It was so great.

Alice, again, I'm so behind. I will look up these titles and see if they are in J's Hitchcock boxset. If not, we'll rent them.

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger