Mayan Ruins

Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Tulum beach
Last post about Mexico, then it's all about Toronto and the winter weather that has swooped down on the city, I promise!

During my undergrad, I took a number of courses on the history of Mexico and Latin America. It was an incredible experience to walk through the archaeological site at Tulum to see the Pre-Columbian Mayan city. I've never seen such a beautiful place.

The trip to Mexico was my first warm weather vacation, I hope I can visit Mexico again someday. Especially Mexico City! Bre of Scout & Catalogue spent a year living in Mexico, her time there is documented beautifully in her blog archives.

Mayan ruins at Tulum

Tulum beach

Mayan ruins at Tulum

10 comments:

anabela / fieldguided said...

I would like to dive right into that water (provided it is deep enough).

Michelle said...

the colour of the water makes me so happy (yet so sad that I can't just hop right in)

woolandthebear said...

thank you for sharing!
these photos are so lovely...
my students would be jealous if they knew... (we just finished studying the ancient maya)!

Julie said...

just look at that beautiful turquoise water!! Looks unreal on a snowy day like today. :)

Lexie, Little Boat said...

These pictures are so beautiful. I certainly wouldn't mind if you kept sharing.

Also, isnt it the best feeling to visit a place you've studied?

erica-knits said...

Anabela, oh it was so nice! I didn't swim at this beach, but I did just down the way.

Michelle, it makes me happy, too. :)

Woolandthebear, ooh! That would be a fun class to be in!

Julie, doesn't it?! I couldn't believe my eyes even when I took those photos.

Lexie, Little Boat, thank you! It really was amazing.

NICOMADE said...

lets switch places? mexico seems like the perfect destination right now. i'm not sure if i'm ready for flip flops, but i could be convinced...

evencleveland said...

I have been coming back to your beautiful Mexico pictures all week for a bit of warmth. What a wonderful trip.

Viva said...

I have these EXACT same pictures. wasn't that beach amazing? love love love love

Megan said...

These photos are beautiful! What a nice winter getaway, it sounds absolutely wonderful. I wish I could go hang out on those white beaches and swim in that gorgeous ocean!

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger