Fall Essentials.

Sunday, 12 September 2010

42660023

There have been a number of "Fall Essentials" posts around the blogosphere (what a funny word!), but I hope you don't mind my two cents, too. In all honesty, "essentials" posts are some of my favorites. I like the idea of little coherent collections of items that represent a mood, season or person as if it was that simple to encapsulate.

1. A nice leather bag. Preferably one with character; soft brown and nicely worn in. I really like the structured bags that are en vogue this season. I found this one at the Antique Market from a sweet lady for $8. She's one of my favorite vendors; she's kind and her prices are fair.

2. My For Me, For You by Kate Miss necklace. I used to swear by black, navy and grey in the colder seasons, but this year I'm embracing color: rust, purple, olive and forest green for starters.

3. American Apparel nail polish in Hunter. My bi-monthly treat is still a $13 manicure at the salon down the street. I'm never afraid to be crazy with color on my nails, though the mint green I sported while visiting home this summer certainly perplexed my Dad. I believe his exact words were "Really? Mint green? Really?" while shaking his head in disbelief.

4. Knitting. While it may turn some heads in the middle of summer, knitting in the fall is perfect. I've got two sweaters on the go at the moment, this is one of them: Estelle pullover.

5. A pretty dress that is casual or fancy. Toronto is currently in the midst of film festival madness so the girl in the fitting room next to me was none other than Amanda Crew of Charlie St. Cloud fame. So there you have it, my brush with celebrity.

6. A perfect plaid button-down shirt. A Steven Alan Reverse Seam in peach/grey to be exact. I have been coveting one of these forever!

7. Pumpkin anything. Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie and these cupcakes look fantastic.

What are yours?

42660024

P.s. The Hearblack Etsy Shop has a couple of heart wreaths in stock.

10 comments:

postpostpostscript said...

I couldn't agree more re: pumpkin.

Julie said...

I love your fall essentials list!! A gorgeous round up, indeed. LOVE the new necklace.

Christine said...

Love it! That bag is gorgeous... and I MUST learn to knit this fall.

Kate said...

Wow, I've been looking everywhere for a bag like that!! $8?? And with my necklace? A winning combo:) Thanks for the link, lady!

Kaye Prince said...

My favourite Fall essentials are definitely a pumpkin spice latte, my brown leather riding boots, plaid, and (of course) quilting and knitting...mostly quilting...I need your help with my hat (I'm lame)!

Michelle said...

I am with you on Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I get extremely happy when they come back!

I had bright blue (from the Sherk OPI collection) on my toenails and I got the same reaction from most people ;)

Mine are:

A boyfriend blazer
Staked Heeled Oxfords and/or booties
Pumpkin anything (so excited to venture to the Pie Shack)
Dresses (exactly like your idea)

I am going to NYC at the end of October & I am hoping to do a lot of shopping then. It's been so hard though because I go "shopping" and I want everything!

Jane Flanagan said...

I love that dress! I think I need new boots and I would love a cape jacket to hide beneath, though I suspect it will make me look like a hobbit. Sigh...

J said...

Oh my goodness, I've been looking for months for a bag like that in thrift stores and on Ebay, with no luck. I can't believe you only paid $8 for it! I know this might be a weird question, but is there any chance I could send you money via Paypal if you bought one and shipped it to me? Maybe we could even work out some kind of US-Canada swap if there's anything you want from the states in return. :]

Lydia said...

wonderful fall list!! i would love to see photos of that pullover when you are finished :) Amazing!

erica-knits said...

Kelly, ooh I think pumpkin pie season may begin this weekend.

Julie, Thanks, now where's your list?!

Christine, fall is the perfect time to learn how to knit, good luck!

Kate, thanks for the awesome necklace. ;) That bag was probably my best find EVER.

Kaye, good call on the plaid! How did I forget? Of course, I would be happy to help you knit.

Michelle, RUN don't walk to the Pie Shack (or take the street car). That is a great fall essentials list. You will have to let me know all about your NYC trip, so jealous!

Jane, oh capes! They're so tricky, but so cute when they're done right. I think you'd pull one off, for sure.

J, I will be sure to keep a look out for another great bag. I'll let you know if I find one!

Lydia, thank you! The pullover is well on it's way. I will be sure to post pictures.

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger