Days off.

Tuesday, 28 September 2010

56780008

The coming of fall means back-to-school and less free time. It makes those days free of school and work even more precious. I like to explore the city during these days, discovering new places and popping into some old favorites.

A trip to Coriander Girl never fails to inspire. On the left at the back of the bouquet is a red kangaroo paw, a flower I had never heard of before my visit to Alison's lovely shop.

Sweet Bliss Bakery has the current high distinction of baking my favorite cupcakes in the city. Their cupcakes are moist, topped with a thick layer of frosting, packed into a box with a doily and tied with string. My box contained carrot and red velvet with cream cheese icing, double chocolate and vanilla. Delicious!

56780009

56780001

I tried to get a good shot of the Hunter green polish, but it looks pretty dark in this photo.

8 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh, I need to take some time off to do these kinds of things. It feels like my life is lived on the commute between work and home and weekends are all energy-sapping to-do lists.

You make me realize I'm in the city but not really experiencing it!

Michelle said...

Looks like I will be spending my weekend on Queen Street ;)

yoel said...

Love the dark green nail polish--so ferny and foresty.

Also, are you going to show us your hair?

Claggie said...

I love that hunter green nail polish! Such a great color!

hound said...

it's so inspiring that you always pick up such beautiful bouquets for yourself, something I need to imitate

Julie said...

Those flowers were so pretty!! the perfect fall bouquet. And those cupcakes look AMAZING!!!! Must try.

anabela / fieldguided said...

Those flowers are so pretty.

Kate @ {wit + delight} said...

hi erica- thank you for your nice comment on my blog, what a perfect birthday cake!

you have a really awesome blog. so happy to add it to my reader!

cheers,

k

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger