Montreal on film.

Wednesday, 4 August 2010

smoked meat

The famous Schwartz's smoked meat sandwich.

the waiter

Our waiter.
je vous te dire que je t'aime
I loved the patterns on this gate.

Vieux Montreal

Montreal architecture details

Montreal architecture
church

I love Montreal's backlanes

There are not enough words to express how much I love Montreal. If you're planning a trip to Montreal, let me warn you, a long-weekend is not enough time. I love this city and I could have spent weeks exploring, but alas I will just have to return. Caroline recommended some awesome must-sees in Montreal such as Unicorn Boutique and Schwartz's. Thanks Caroline! This trip I really started to understand my AE-1; focusing is still an issue, but I'm getting there!

I've begun a new habit of visiting the St. Lawrence Antique Market every Sunday morning. Sometimes there are a number of amazing items that I wish I could take home (and some that I do!) and other times there's nothing that catches my eye. Two weeks ago, I had to pass up a gorgeous coffee table and some vintage Coach scarves. I've already extensively mourned the loss of the coffee table and these Liberty scarf tutorials are just putting salt in the wound.

Anabela just posted a lovely home tour of Caitlyn's apartment, it's so cosy looking. I love her red chairs!

7 comments:

Julie said...

I have a vintage scarf addiction, so I understand how hard it is to pass up vintage coach scarves! I only wear them in the winter (and even then, only to work) but I love the endless possible ways to tie a silk scarf. Thanks for the awesome link to Liberty London scarf tying videos! Always good to learn new scarf techniques...

Michelle said...

Montreal is quite lovely, isn't it? I went years ago during the winter and ever since I've wanted to make it there during the summer. Old Montreal is my favourite with it's cobble stone streets :)

Kaye Prince said...

Hehe, Alex is totally drooling over your Schwartz's picture - he loves it there! We actually had some driven to us from Montreal when we were at the cabin in northern Quebec.

I have tons and tons of scarves (my Grandmother's collection) and am loving the Liberty tutorials too. I used to wear them all the time - I need to start doing that again!

Angela Joy said...

Great photos, I've always wanted to visit!

Sara said...

I love Montreal too!
I went there 2 years ago but i can't wait to go back ...

Jane Flanagan said...

Beautiful photos Erica! I always plan on going to the market and then I always sleep in. I'll have to get my act together... you're motivating me!

Michael Owen said...

I really enjoyed your post. You should update and keep writing. You have a real talent. Thanks. Mike @ www.MyCarvingTree.com ...

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger