Madeleines

Monday, 30 August 2010

42650006

These delicious little Madeleines were so fun to make. I'm such a sucker for pretty little baked goods. I bought all my madeleine baking supplies at a lovely cooking and baking ware shop called Les Touilleurs in Montreal. (Though the pans can be found at most baking goods stores). They recommended their recipe, which I'm pretty sure is fool-proof (okay, but it is in French).
Also, how pretty are these Zara fall collections?

42650005
They were just as fun to photograph as they were to eat.

42650004

10 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

I loce making madeleines! I have a recipe for some rosewater ones from a past Donna Hay (I can send if you're interested!) I also want to try these orange cardamon ones: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/orange-cardamom-madeleines

t a n y a said...

those look so divine. i'm trying to improve my baking skills, maybe i should have a go at making these.

Kate said...

oh so cute! I would probably eat like 12 as I cannot be trusted with little cakes.

Ayalah said...

Those look great! Years ago I attempted making a vegan version by adapting that Martha Stewart recipe, without much luck. No longer vegan, I should try these, and maybe the Martha one again, as she had intended..

fort nest said...

yum. and oh so pretty! they are delicious made with orange flower water, too.

jen said...

looks delish! I want to try your recipe, though the french part scares me!

Michelle said...

Every time I see madeleines all I can think about is how I still have never read anything by Proust. No matter! These are adorable.

rachel said...

ooh! I've never made madeleines, but they look absolutely yummy.

Julie said...

Yours turned out utterly perfect!!! Mine have never looked that good. yay for perfect madeleines!!

Lydia said...

oh my goodness...i'm going to bake these. beautiful!

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger