Lemonade, Ice Cream and a trip update.

Thursday, 12 August 2010

The Big Chill

Ice Cream from The Big Chill, Toronto
Blueberry, Mint and Lemon Syrup
Blueberry Mint Lemonade.

Above is the syrup I needed to make delicious blueberry mint lemonade from the recipe above. No matter what the recipe says, more syrup is always better. In fact, it's a little bland with only the amount dictated in the recipe.
Blueberry Mint Lemonade

So two weekends ago (wow! time flies!) I went to the gorgeous city of Chicago for Lollapalooza with a friend. We met up in the city, I flew from Toronto and she drove from Winnipeg to catch the train from Fargo. It was such a great weekend, but oh my! festivals are exhausting. I nearly didn't make it to day two. We even caught some aftershows with the Freelance Whales, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and Gogol Bordello (fun!). I wanted to share an adorable Freelance Whales song with you, it's called Ghosting. I've had it on repeat since my return. I'm a little heartbroken though; my lovely boyfriend gave me a Diana Mini right before I left (after I raved about the photos Anabela took at the beach!) and I messed up the winding/loading so all my photos overlapped each other four or five times. I may try to salvage a few, but its looking pretty bad at the moment. So suffice to say, even though I don't have any photos to show you, I recommend a visit to the Windy City. Five days were just not enough!


4 comments:

Julie said...

that's so sad about the camera, and the lost photos!! but at least you had an awesome trip and great music to remember it by. :)

Jill Sutherland said...

I'll try and find my camera cord (still hasn't turned up even though I've unpacked most of my stuff) so you can steal some of my pictures if you want.

Kristien said...

That lemonade looks incredible! I would never think to combine blueberries and lemonade, but it really sounds so refreshing. I am so jealous you got to see Lollapalooza in Chicago. I am dying to see Soundgarden reunited on their upcoming U.S. tour, and am so curious about how they previewed at Lollapalooza. Chris Cornell has been one of my favorites for almost (gulp!) twenty years now!

-Alaina said...

It's so exciting that you got to go to Lollapalooza! I love the video too. And don't worry about the pictures, I'm sure the memories are ten times better!

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger