Grey walls.

Tuesday, 24 August 2010

42650017
One of my summer goals was to paint my bedroom walls. In the end, my Dad did all the painting when my family came to visit earlier this summer. I picked out a medium shade of grey, I think it may have been called "moonshadow". I love the warmth that it brings to my room which gets a lot of light from my south-facing windows. On the wall is my favorite driftwood heart from HearBlack and a collection of butterfly specimens I picked up at the Antique Market.
I've learned that a coat of paint (or three, right Dad?) can make a rented space feel like my very own. My little garden looks great with it's new background of grey.

42650018

42650016

12 comments:

Julie said...

It's so pretty! definitely the perfect shade of grey.

jen said...

The color is wonderful and woahwoah what an amazing antique find on the butterflies! Definitely looks like a very peaceful and relaxing room!

riotyarn said...

Oh, yes very pretty!

Christine said...

Love all those plants. And you're right, a new coat of paint can make any place feel like home.

natalie said...

oooh, i love your choice of color!

no2pesnel said...

Great color, I like that it is a warm grey. It looks cozy.

Jane Flanagan said...

Such a perfect colour! Your place looks gorgeous!

Kaye Prince said...

Yay for grey walls! I had them in one of my old bedrooms and just loved it! I would love to have them again but I don't think Alex and I will be up for painting any time soon.

that kate said...

Loving that grey!

erica-knits said...

Julie, riotyarn, natalie, no2pesnel, that kate, thank you!

Jen, I found more framed butterfly specimens this past week for $25. They were different, of course. (They had bats, too. Ew!) If you're interested, let me know and I'll keep my eye out.

Christine, I can't wait to paint even more, now. It's so fun!

Kaye, My Dad was kind enough to do all the hard work. He comes to visit and I put him to work!

Jane, That's such an amazing compliment coming from you! Thanks!

barbara said...

Painting is magic ...

ps Enjoy your beautiful room!

HEARBLACK. said...

these photos are great - and the heart looks perfect in your room! really glad

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger