TTC Knitalong

Monday, 19 July 2010

A couple of Saturdays ago (July 10th to be exact), I joined Julie and many others on the 2010 TTC Knitalong. We tackled the East Blue route that took us to The Naked Sheep, The Purple Purl, Americo and Romni Wools. It was so nice to visit the two Queen East shops The Naked Sheep and the Purple Purl. I don't often get a chance to get out to them and they are so lovely and friendly! Since almost all of the shops were offering a special discount for Knitalong participants I went a little wild with my purchases. (Okay, a lot wild...) Thankfully, I have projects lined up for everything!
The whole haul:
9 balls of Mission Falls 136 Merino Superwash in Curry
4 skeins of Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Paris Night
2 skeins Malabrigo Lace in Polar Morn
1 skein Americo Andean Highland Wool
1 skein Romni Wools
Vogue Knitting Early Fall 2010 (won at The Purple Purl)
Classic Elite Yarns Saturday Afternoon pattern booklet
Mirasol Accessories Collection pattern book
The Mission Falls Merino Superwash is going to be the Basket Stitch Cardigan from CEY Saturday Afternoon pattern booklet. This one is well on its way and I'm quite in love with the color.

The scarf on the right is the Night Jar Scarf from the Mirasol Accessories book. I saw a finished version at The Purple Purl I couldn't resist the pattern, it was perfect for the pile of Sulka I had lying around (from another project I frogged).

The navy Malabrigo will be the Ariosa Back-Lace Cardigan and the Malabrigo lace will become the Geodesic.

In addition, I brought a project along to knit that ending up with me winning the Fierce! knitting catagory. I guess it was pretty crazy to carry around a color work project done in alpaca-merino on a very hot summer day! I can't wait to tell you more about that project, look for a new free pattern in the fall.

8 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Great loot!

ifihadalittlelamb said...

You've made a quick start on these projects! I love the colour you picked for that cardi...

Kaye Prince said...

Eek, your haul is gorgeous! I just love all of it! We're definitely going to Creativ Festival again this year, right?

anabela / fieldguided said...

You might get a kick out of this video: http://www.vbs.tv/en-ca/watch/the-cute-show/alpacas

elena gold said...

ooo...yum! erika, that is one delicious pile. i love your pattern choices too. enjoy all of this, you deserve it! can't wait to see more process shots!

Michelle said...

wow, you made out! I am in LOVE with the Mission Falls Merino Superwash. The colour is beautiful!
You totally inspire me to want to pick up my knitting needles again.

Julie said...

yay!! your haul looks so awesome sprawled out for it's photo shoot. and that night jar scarf.... so damn lovely.

Nome Alone said...

OOh! Love this, I just finished a scarf today, such a good feeling!

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger