Summer skies

Tuesday, 27 July 2010



A series of hot and humid days make for cloudy blue skies.

Tall ships in the harbour and a spider by Louise Bourgeois in front of the National Gallery of Canada.

Summer has become so busy. When will there be time to relax?

In the meantime, I've got Slow Show by the National on repeat. There's a lot of snow in that video which is unpleasant to think about, but the song is rather romantic. I'm getting quite excited for my trip to Lollapalooza next weekend. I can't wait to see The National live!

I'm also excited to have this Sarah McNeil print on its way to me. Have I mentioned that I love foxes? I also found a tiny brass fox at the antique market Sunday morning. It brings my total fox count to 4 prints, one photograph, one ring and one afformentioned tiny brass fox. Wow, I guess that's quite a lot of foxes for one tiny apartment.

6 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

It has been a busy summer, hasn't it! The heat really doesn't offer much respite.

Hope things settle down for you and there are a few lazy, calm days in there.

I don't think you can have too many foxes!

Michelle said...

Lollapalooza? I am jealous! I hope you have a fantastic time!

Kate said...

that fox print made me squeal it's so adorable

jen said...

Love your ships photos, we had a tall ships show here in Chicago but I flaked out and missed it. Hopefully it's not too hot here next weekend for you, if you're lookin' for any Chicago recommendations on anything, let me know!

Julie said...

You can never have too many foxes!!! Slow show always reminds me of an ex, since he said it reminded him of me. But it's still an excellent song. Don't tell Guy. ;)

a friend to knit with said...

wow. these photos are spectacular.

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger