Manitoba Snow...

Wednesday, 13 January 2010


Manitoba Snow..., originally uploaded by erica_knits.

Winter is the strangest animal in Toronto, some days are cold, but there's only a light dusting of snow. When I was home I was finally able to put my boots to the test: Could they keep my feet warm in -20 degrees Celsius? Keep my feet dry in deep snow? They passed! Which is a good thing considering I went on many photo taking adventures in deep snow, and once, got the car stuck!

Also, I have one New Year's Resolution: I want to take more photos of people. I got my film back from the developer and realized I didn't take a single picture of a friend. I guess, I feel weird about sticking a camera in their face, but it would be really nice to have their pictures. I do have two little cuties to show you: Aemy and Tika.

P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway!


Here's some winter beauties to inspire:
Cloud Cocoa (fascinating!)
Stylish Warmth
Bundled up.

6 comments:

anabela / fieldguided said...

This winter has been so weird. We usually get way more snow than this, I swear. But on the other hand, I'm so glad this winter has been significantly more sunny than the past two. And it hasn't even been that cold! Except in my apartment, which is an icebox.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Your boots look so warm, I've been looking at some practical Pac boots to take skiing, but I might have to look at these pretty-yet-also-practical ones :D

erica-knits said...

Anabela, I have to admit that I'm really okay with less snow in Toronto. It was nice to see all the snow in Manitoba, but I've gotten my fill! Wasn't today so nice? Sorry to hear the apartment's still an icebox!

Amy, They are really warm. I really can't sacrifice pretty for practical, for me they have to be both! I'm picky!

Julie said...

Fantastic boots!! Glad to see they can stand up to the full brunt of winter.

katrina said...

i do the same thing! get a roll of film back, and not a single picture of a person. i have got to work on this.

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger