An almost unrequited love story.

Monday, 25 January 2010

I walked by this cardigan all fall at H&M so many times and I never gave it a second glance. It was loosely knit and covered in bobbles and one version was in pale pink, my least favourite color to wear. In short, I thought it was ugly.

Then one day, Kate posted a picture of Iman wearing it layered under a cute coat and over a t-shirt dress. It made me do a double take: wait a minute? That cardi is actually cute. But, I quickly dismissed the thought.
That is, until I was going through my flickr favorites on Friday and found this image. All of the sudden that was the final straw.
I needed that cardigan!
I stopped by H&M on my way to work that night, but oh no! It wasn't there.
PANIC.
sigh.
all was lost.

The next day I tried one more H&M, and despite all the drama of the day before, there it was just sitting there on a shelf. About seven of them. Not hard to find at all.




Another gorgeous girl in the sweater here and here.

18 comments:

Kate said...

holy crap, you are a cardigan hunting master!

katrina said...

yay! i'm glad you found it, it sure is lovely!
let's see how you wear it!

Petals & Twigs said...

love it! how much is the sweater?

erica-knits said...

Kate, haha thank you, thank you. :P

Katrina, oh I will do what I can. I need to find myself a tripod or a willing friend to take my picture. :)

Petals & Twigs, thanks! It was $40. If you're in Toronto, the store on Bloor has them. :)

Lois said...

I love this cardi! My friend Tomi bought it before Christmas and rocks it with snakeskin leggings and boots. Post pics of your outfit avec cardigan!

Roberta Jane said...

Hmmm... Now I feel like I need that cardigan! Too bad we don't have H&M in Portland, OR!

Nice work!

Petals & Twigs said...

Thanks Erica! I'm on a mission.

daphy said...

hi my name is daphne. i like reading your blog posts and just wanted to say pretty cardigan!~ :) good thing you found it!

Julie said...

I love buying sweaters with bobbles, since I hate knitting them! It does look like the perfect layering cardi. So glad that the story had a happy ending!

jen said...

your epic cardigan search was justified, that cardigan is boss.

erica-knits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erica-knits said...

Lois, Snakeskin leggings! That's awesome.

Roberta Jane, I could always go on the hunt again for you if you'd like.

Petals & Twigs, good luck!

Daphy, thank you for reading. :)

Julie, you know what? I've never tried knitting bobbles. Maybe that's a good thing.

Thanks Jen!

Michelle said...

I agree, to look at it hanging, there isn't much going for it. But when you look at photos of girls making it work, I now totally wanna go on a mission to find it haha

daphy said...

your welcome. my sister knits too, so that's why your blog name caught my eye. :D

angelknits said...

The cardigan is so cute! Happy to know you finally found it. I can see it got great potential to pair with skirt or jeans or skinny pants. Lucky you!

meena meena said...

this sweater has made an impression on me, too..i see bobble stitched anything and wonder if i should try to seek out a bobbley sweater like this one. hopefully ill find one like it, soon, so it can stop bothering me!!

Pamela99 said...

I love that sweater. I'm glad you found it as I looked and looked for a cardigan myself last fall never finding exactly what I had in mind

The Duchess said...

I love H&M for this - while much of it isn't my style, I find a ton of great inexpensive treasures in there to incorporate into the rest of my wardrobe perfectly. I went in last week for tights at lunch and came out with the cutest mini dress ever for only $35. Score!!!

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger