1. These two people are even more wonderful than you imagined.
I cannot put into words how happy Luke and I were to meet such kind and welcoming people.
Believe me, I tried.
(and I hope they don't mind my sneaky picture.)
2. There is an adorable cupcake shop in Eglinton that sells traditional butter cupcakes with old fashioned confectioner's sugar icing. We tried marble and vanilla with chocolate icing. Yum!
3. The cutest sewing and craft shop you ever did see. We had the good fortune of catching one of their trunk shows. The friendliest people in Toronto hang out there, I'm sure of it. Karyn and all the other staff members I met were so kind. I cannot wait to take a class!
4. Robber. Is. Awesome. So is the co-owner Erin, she is so friendly (and a fellow blogger).
I really really wanted to buy the Mociun Tie-Front Dress and they had my size, but my ever so logical boyfriend convinced me that I should probably save some money for the big move and instead pointed out the t-shirt option. Which, on that note, is no compromise, as it is the softest t-shirt I have ever worn.
5. I visited my new university and it is beautiful and at least ten times the size of my old one.
I now know four people who have made it through the program successfully and it gives me hope.
6. Luke has found four(!) wonderful comic book stores and has assured me that he now fully approves of the city. Whew!
7. There are a number of bloggers I didn't meet this time around, but am excited to meet in the future.
There are numerous other reasons. Mostly, I am excited for something new. This will be my first time away from home, commencing in August, and I know I will be terribly homesick for awhile and call home every night. However, a wonderful group of people, especially Anabela, Geoff, and Jason (the wonderful fellow we stayed with) have welcomed Luke and I with open arms. I truly cannot wait to start my new adventure with Luke and with Toronto!