Fierce Bunnies by Sonja Ahlers

Saturday, 5 December 2009


DSC_3414, originally uploaded by fieldguided.

Anabela introduced me to Sonja Ahlers yesterday when my friend Kaye and I met up with her at the One of A Kind Show, here in Toronto. I had heard about Sonja's fierce bunnies before the show and seen them behind glass at Magic Pony, but nothing compares to seeing these bunnies up close and holding them in your hand. They are the softest sweetest creatures that will make all your worries go away. Just what I needed after a rough week.
I simply couldn't resist taking home one in a mitten (being a mitten knitter, and all). Taking advice from my favorite quote from Le petit prince: Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux (It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye), I took my time picking my bunny, looking for a special one. The special bunny that I took home is the little one in the beige mitten on the right. Isn't she sweet?

You can find some of Sonja's bunnies in her etsy shop.
Anabela has a lovely post about working at the booth with Sonja here.

4 comments:

anabela / fieldguided said...

Yay! That's so funny -- I had no idea that that was the bunny you had taken home with you. Out of the small handful out of the 100 that I uploaded to Flickr, it's pretty amazing that I managed to capture your new pal!

I'm sorry to hear about your rough week. There seems to be a bit of that going around these days.

erica-knits said...

I knew she was a lucky bunny when I found her! She hangs on the wall in my room in her cozy little mitten home.

There is a bit of tough times going around. I hope things turn around for everyone going through tough times (feels so "recession newcast" to say those two words together).

Julie said...

that little bunny is so, so adorable!! No wonder you couldn't pass her up. I'm going to check out that etsy store right now!

erica-knits said...

Oh Julie, you should have seen them all hanging in their mitten homes together. It was positively impossible to resist.

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger