Reasons Why I've Fallen in Love with Toronto

Monday, 22 June 2009

1. These two people are even more wonderful than you imagined.
I cannot put into words how happy Luke and I were to meet such kind and welcoming people.
Believe me, I tried.
(and I hope they don't mind my sneaky picture.)

2. There is an adorable cupcake shop in Eglinton that sells traditional butter cupcakes with old fashioned confectioner's sugar icing. We tried marble and vanilla with chocolate icing. Yum!
3. The cutest sewing and craft shop you ever did see. We had the good fortune of catching one of their trunk shows. The friendliest people in Toronto hang out there, I'm sure of it. Karyn and all the other staff members I met were so kind. I cannot wait to take a class!
4. Robber. Is. Awesome. So is the co-owner Erin, she is so friendly (and a fellow blogger).
I really really wanted to buy the Mociun Tie-Front Dress and they had my size, but my ever so logical boyfriend convinced me that I should probably save some money for the big move and instead pointed out the t-shirt option. Which, on that note, is no compromise, as it is the softest t-shirt I have ever worn.
5. I visited my new university and it is beautiful and at least ten times the size of my old one.
I now know four people who have made it through the program successfully and it gives me hope.
6. Luke has found four(!) wonderful comic book stores and has assured me that he now fully approves of the city. Whew!
7. There are a number of bloggers I didn't meet this time around, but am excited to meet in the future.
There are numerous other reasons. Mostly, I am excited for something new. This will be my first time away from home, commencing in August, and I know I will be terribly homesick for awhile and call home every night. However, a wonderful group of people, especially Anabela, Geoff, and Jason (the wonderful fellow we stayed with) have welcomed Luke and I with open arms. I truly cannot wait to start my new adventure with Luke and with Toronto!

16 comments:

Luke in Progress said...

I would say only three were wonderful. The fourth was muggy and smelled like old boxes.
Also I can think of plenty of words!
Tapioca. Tapioca is a word.
Fluffy is another word.
I've been told that regurgitate is even a word.
Not exactly descriptive, but I mean what is these days right?
Uncanny is also a word. Heh.

Celine said...

It sounds like you had a great time in Toronto! And it is so nice that Anabela and Geoff showed you around! You will have so much fun at U of T! I really do love this city!

ghp said...

Yay! This shower of compliments is too much. I'm so glad you two had a great time. Toronto is better than ever these days and we were thrilled to play host.
-Geoff

erin said...

Hooray, I'm so happy you like it here!! And that you came to the shop and found something you liked and posted such a lovely comment on the blog... thanks for all that! I hope your move goes well and that you stop by again when you're back in town.

katrina said...

i am so excited for you!
make sure you eat some of those cupcakes for me!

nikole said...

fun fun, you're going to love toronto!

erica-knits said...

Luke, what was muggy and smelled like boxes? I am confused. Although you could be referring to the three days of pouring rain...

Celine, I do I do love the city and the campus is beautiful!

Geoff, thanks again! We owe you a meal in our new apartment!

Erin, oh, I will most certainly stop by. I'll be back in time for the new fall arrivals. (Fall being my favorite clothing season!) Also, I gave my younger sister the hedgehog necklace and she hasn't taken it off since!

Katrina, I'm sure I will eat far too many cupcakes (in everyone's name I can think of). Glad you're back!

Nikole, Oh yes, I love it already! Plus your lovely stories make the city sound so much sweeter.

fleur_delicious said...

how exciting - I'm happy for you! May I ask about your program - what are you doing at U of T? (I assume the program is the reason for the move?)

Congrats again - sometimes things just all fall into place, and it's wonderful. Enjoy it!

erica-knits said...

Fleur_delicious, hello! I am taking a Master's of Information in Library and Information studies. What is your Grad school program? Yes, it is the reason for the big move. :)

BO said...

wowwww wonderful cup cake

fleur_delicious said...

oh congrats, sounds fun! I'm doing a PhD in theatre history and criticism (critical theory)

I love it when things just work out - I am in my "dream program" and just so so happy. Exhausted and stressed out for most of the school year, but still, so happy. I wish you the same experience!

Windy Days said...

Toronto sounds wonderful, I'm glad to hear that you love your new place! That cupcakes looks delicious too. :)

Maverick Malone said...

How fun :D Love the look of those cupcakes, too...yum, cake is my world. Nice blog :)

xox, mavi

FashionLagniappe said...

I LOVE and am a HUGE fan of your blog! Hope you can take the time to check out my site!

We sell Vintage and Designer clothes, shoes, and accessories all in one place. We have some really great things up right now! Studded boots, Alexander Wang halter top, and vintage blazers. Check it out!

www.fashionlagniappe.blogspot.com

Melvin said...

Beautiful pictures...
thanks for sharing....

___________________
Melvin
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing

Jane Flanagan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And congrats on the new program and moving Toronto. I think you'll like it a lot!

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger