Queen of Fashion

Friday, 17 October 2008

Follow my blog with bloglovin´
I don't mention it very often on this blog that I am a student. To be honest, it is a little strange because university has been such a big part of my life now that I'm in my last year as an undergrad. For the most part I use this blog as an outlet for all my interests that are not related to what I study. I am in fact a history major with a French minor, who loves to pursue fashion and craft related hobbies in her spare time. It is a rare occurrence when all those interests are combined.
So you'll understand my excitement when I was recommend to read Queen of Fashion: What Marie Antoinette Wore to the Revolution by a lovely professor of mine. It is the history of Marie Antoinette and her experiences as the last Queen of France described entirely by her love of clothing and fashion. It is the most compelling and sympathetic tale of Marie Antoinette that I have ever read. It portrays Marie Antoinette as a smart, strong woman who used her clothing to gain power, and it the end was targeted because of her sartorial extravagances. I wholeheartedly recommend this book to history lovers and fashion lovers alike.

For great portraits of the Queen visit this blog.

1 comments:

Windy Days said...

Thanks Erica! I added you to my links too. :)

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger