Peanut Butter Icing

Monday, 4 August 2008


On a trip into the city for pedicures with friends I stopped by the newly opened bakery called "The Cupcakery." The first of its kind in Manitoba it has two flavors of cupcakes; Chocolate and Vanilla, and a variety of icing flavors to mix it up. Seeing as it is my eventual dream to open a cupcake bakery of my own, I call buying a dozen cupcakes "market research." Thus this little excursion has left me with a new discovery, "peanut butter icing." How did I live 21 years without it?
The lovely fellow at the bakery said the recipe had been in his family for 60 years, yet where had it been all my life? While it may not be the family recipe, I think I will this one at home.
I will definitely make another trip to The Cupcakery as soon as I can!

4 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

um, yumm! peanut butter icing!
and is it also a tiny cupcake? i love pop in your mouth type things!

Inside the Cabinet of Wonder said...

oh my goodness!! peanut butter icing..that is A-MAZING!! i bet that was yummy! :D

porter hovey said...

Oh my! I can't imagine anything better!!! Sound amazing!!!!

erica-knits said...

A Friend: It sure was a tiny cupcake, and it sure was popped into my mouth! Actually, I think the tiny size is perfect for this icing because it is so rich.

It was certainly yummy. I still haven't tried to make the icing at home but I will.

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger