New Dress and Mail Goodies

Wednesday, 7 May 2008


After I completed exams I was finally overcome with the need to sew myself a new dress. I was inspired by the Cassiopeia Tube Dress from Urban Outfitters. When I first saw it I fell in love so I decided to make my own with the helpful Empire Waist Tube Top tutorial from Altered cloth. I just lengthened the bottom rectangle pattern to 28 inches, and the top rectangle length was 10 inches to make enough room for a one inch elastic casing. The fabric is a really lightweight 45% linen, 50% cotton blend and perfect for summer! Now I just have to wait for the weather to cooperate with me. Speaking of my love of mail I have received some great packages lately. The first was from awhile ago, I had ordered a cloth wallet/id case from TiffanyintheTree's etsy site and she sent it along with a whole bunch of goodies! I have been biking again and it is just perfect to slip in my back pocket and go! The second mail goodie was a copy of the hard to get your hand's on Lula magazine from Anabela! Thanks you two!

2 comments:

Anabela said...

Oh dear, the bow on the girl's face looks pretty funny.

Your dress is totally adorable. I may have to bite your idea!

erica-knits said...

The lace was fabulous! I opened it up and saw the lace and thought "Anabela!" It was such a nice touch, and the paint chip *sigh*
Bite away my dear, I am chowing down on your shirred dress idea. (haha)

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger