Twirling is most fun, Darling

Sunday, 18 November 2007

On Friday night after school and before going out I sat down and made my very own Party Skirt! I think it is the fastest item I have ever sewn, and really cute, if I do say so myself. I just used the Burda Style tutorial previously mentioned in the party skirt post. It is red 100% Duponi silk, not my favorite kind of silk, but it is the only silk I can buy here. I think for a skirt it turned out quite nice as well the texture of it really works with the gathers, and as a plus, it is high waisted. (My new obsession)

In the meantime I have found some other examples of Party Skirts:
Isabelle Marant Fall 2007

ModerniteterOr you can buy one at Creatures of Comfort, but seriously it is so easy to make your own!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

great job on the skirt! does it have pockets?

tonpetiteoiseau said...

Unfortunately this one does not. The next one will though!

ginaparr said...

That is sooo adorable!!!!

Pockets would look so cute on it too!

If you find yourself making too many send one my way ;)

Stephanie said...

a lightweight linen would look so great!

e said...

i love that this skirt works in so many different fabrics.

now i really ought to buy a sewing machine. the last time i made a skirt, it was all by hand and not very sturdy...

erin said...

super-cute! i might have to try that...

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger