Mittens, Craft sales, and Serena Vanderwoodsen...

Saturday, 27 October 2007




This is the mitten I agreed I would replicate for a friend, who bought from a Finnish lady during her exchange year there. Since I am obsessed with everything Scandinavian I instantly agreed! I will try to post progress pictures tomorrow.

Ok, so it is probably a really bad thing that I can't even keep a goal for one day. Eep! In my defense I've been keeping really busy in the real world. On Friday night I went to see The Kingdom, really good, but a little too intense for me. I do not do well with realistic violence, and situations of war on film. Especially since, this is probably quite near reality in the Middle East right now. What I did really like about the film, is they didn't try to make the issue solely black and white (Good Westerners, against Evil Muslims), instead it was quite a gray area.

This morning was the biggest craft sale of the season, which was pretty exciting. There unfortunately didn't seem to be a lot of stylish knitted or sewn items, so I ended up with a lot of baked goods, and bathbombs that look like cupcakes.

So I am completely enamored with Serena Vanderwoodsen's outfit from the Gossip Girl premiere.... yes I watch it... I love the bright gold sequin dress dressed down with black tights, a black scarf, and a jean jacket.
I think I will use this fabric, from this store, to make this dress, and possibly a hoodie like this one, from this pattern. If I ever get the time!


7 comments:

juliet said...

Yay for more posts! Wow, I think those are the nicest mittens I've ever seen, I want... I can't wait to watch Gossip Girl, it hasn't come to where I live yet but I hope it will. It looks quite silly, but I'd def have to try and watch it.

tonpetiteoiseau said...

Oh Juliet, Gossip Girl is so addictive, and yes totally silly, but the characters still draw me in everytime. :P Yeah I really thought those mittens were great, so once I make my friend a pair, I think I will make myself some too!

tiffany... said...

ohh... i, too, am quite enamored with gossip girl (especially all things serena)! good luck with the dress! i can't wait to see it!
(juliet... i think you can watch episodes online!)

tonpetiteoiseau said...

Juliet, Tiffany is right, you can watch them online!
Try youtube, or try ctv.ca

Juliet said...

Wow, thanks very much! Only problem is that it's going to be a terrible temptation while I'm studying for exams :P

tonpetiteoiseau said...

tell me about it!

shopgirl said...

yay gossip girl! I just saw a really nice sequin dress very similar to Serena's by Free People. look here
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2953350/0~2376780~6009391~6012403~6012405?P=1
It might also be available in gold. It has a low back that is really really cute.

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger