On The Road by Jack Kerouac

Wednesday, 20 June 2007

They danced down the streets like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"
  • Sal, Ch. 1
I borrowed this book on tape from the library and listened to it while I was on the road last summer. I love this quote in particular, I love the mad ones too, the ones that love to live. The ones who find excitement in life and everyday things.
Like dresses, songs, books, and the jazzy words of Kerouac.

Ps. Watch This D.A.N.C.E. by Justice

3 comments:

Luke Tokaryk said...

http://www.colourlovers.com/blog/2007/06/24/color-inspiration-knit-socks-of-all-sorts/
check it out

craftynerdmoni said...

oh to burn, burn, burn like a fabulous yellow roman candle...

jenny said...

i also read this book years ago, and then listened to the book on tape during a road trip to chicago. it was perfect, and i think it made me a little crazier because i ended up swimming in lake michigan at 4 in the morning. that's one of my favorite quotes.

erica knits All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger